|Title of the article
ANALYSIS OF ADDRESSES TO AUTHORITIES AS AN INSTRUMENT OF RESEARCH OF SOCIOCULTURAL ATTITUDES OF CITIZENS
Vorob'ev Vladimir Pavlovich, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Yurina Yuliya Gennad'evna, Applicant, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. As the importance of sociological data in the process of social relations management there occurs a problem of searching adequate methods of of people’s sociocultural attitude analysis. The traditional methods of empirical data collection (muss survey, first of all) sometimes are incapable of displaying the complexity and ambiguity of social attitudes of population. In such conditions it is necessary to pay attention to alternative methods of primary sociological data collection. The research is aimed at revealing a heuristic value of the analysis of citizens addresses to the authorities as a method of revealing a number of population social attitude peculiarities typical for one or another social group of one or another period of country’s historical development etc.
Materials and methods. The article uses the historical analysis of the researched phenomenon as well as compares such sociological methods as mass survey and the analysis of citizens’ addresses to the authorities. In the sense of methodology the authors used the theory of civil culture by G. Almond and S. Verba.
Results. The study shows some weaknesses of public surveys as a source of sociological data in comparison with the method of citizens’ addresses analysis (implicit construction of public opinion, focus on researching the “surface” ayers of the system of social attitude). The authors analyzed the interconnection between citizens’ addresses to the authorities and the sociocultural specifics of one or another period of Russian society development. The analysis was used to demonstrate the possibility of specifying the typology by Almond and Verba.
Conclusions. There is a direct dependence between the level and nature of population’s social activity and a typical content of citizens’ addresses to the authorities. The analysis of such addresses allows better understanding and forecasting both the level and the specificity of social activity of the population and its actual attitude to the authorities.
citizens’ addresses to the authorities, relationship between the authorities and the society, social attitudes, researches of public opinion.
|| Download PDF
1. Ivanenko S. I. Analiticheskiy vestnik Soveta Federatsii FS RF [Analytical bulletin of the Federation Council FS RF]. 2010, no. 12 (398).
2. Kabashov S. Yu. Organizatsiya raboty s obrashcheniyami grazhdan v istorii Rossii [Organization of citizens’ addresses processing in Russian history]. Moscow: Flinta, Nauka, 2010, 312 p.
3. Pod"yachev K. V. Obrashcheniya grazhdan v organy gosudarstvennoy vlasti i mestnogo samoupravleniya kak forma grazhdanskogo uchastiya: avtoref. dis. kand. polit. nauk [Addresses of citizens to the state authorities and local self-governments as a form of civil participation: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of political sciences]. Moscow, 2007.
4. Obshchestvennoe mnenie – 2007: sb. [Public opinion – 2007: collection]. Moscow: Levada-Tsentr, 2007.
5. Obshchestvennoe mnenie – 2012: sb. [Public opinion – 2012: collection]. Moscow: Levada-Tsentr, 2012.
6. Burd'e P. Sotsiologiya politiki [Sociology of politics]. Moscow: Socio-Logos, 1994.
7. Sasaki M., Davydenko V. A., Romashkina G. F., Voronov V. V. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2013, no. 3.
Дата создания: 25.09.2014 22:49
Дата обновления: 26.09.2014 09:43